  • 11. Data: 2008-01-24 19:26:50
    Temat: Re: Czy jest gdzieś teraz promocja na przeniesienie KK
    Od: "turczy" <t...@i...pl>

    of men whose external
    manners are so pure as to confound the manners of the heathen. If there are
    hypocrites among them, but so well disguised that she does not discover
    their venom, she tolerates them; for, though they are not accepted of God,
    whom they cannot deceive, they are of men, whom they do deceive. And thus
    she is not dishonoured by their conduct, which appears holy. But you want
    the Church to judge neither of the inward, because that belongs to God
    alone, nor of the outward, because God dwells only upon the inward; and
    thus, taking away from her all choice of men, you retain in the Church the
    most dissolute and those who dishonour her so greatly that the synagogues of
    the Jews and sects of philosophers would have banished them as unworthy and
    have abhorred them as impious.

    906. The easiest conditions to live in according to the world are the most
    difficult to live in according to God, and vice versa. Nothing is so
    difficult according to the world as the religious life; nothing is easier
    than to live it according to God. Nothing is easier, according to the world,
    than to live in high office and great wealth; nothing is more difficult than
    to live in them according to God, and without acquiring an interest in them
    and a liking for them.

    907. The casuists submit the decision to the corrupt reason, and the choice
    of decisions to the corrupt will, in order that all that is corrupt in the
    nature of man may contribute to his conduct.

    908. But is it probable that probability gives assurance?

    Difference between rest and security of conscience. Nothing gives certainty
    but truth; nothing gives rest but the sincere search for truth.

    909. The whole society itself of their casuists cannot give assurance to a
    conscience in error, and that is why it is important to choose good guides.

    Thus they will be doubly culpable, both in having followed ways which they
    should not have followed, and in having liste

  • 12. Data: 2008-01-24 20:49:53
    Od: m...@p...net

    to their
    liableness to early and unexpected death: but how is it in fact? Eccles.
    2:16. "How dieth the wise man? even as the fool."

    All wicked men's pains and contrivance which they use to escape hell,
    while they continue to reject Christ, and so remain wicked men, do not
    secure them from hell one moment. Almost every natural man that hears of
    hell, flatters himself that he shall escape it; he depends upon himself
    for his own security; he flatters himself in what he has done, in what
    he is now doing, or what he intends to do. Every one lays out matters in
    his own mind how he shall avoid damnation, and flatters himself that he
    contrives well for himself, and that his schemes will not fail. They
    hear indeed that there are but few saved, and that the greater part of
    men that have died heretofore are gone to hell; but each one imagines
    that he lays out matters better for his own escape than others have
    done. He does not intend to come to that place of torment; he says
    within himself, that he intends to take effectual care, and to order
    matters so for himself as not to fail. But the foolish children of men
    miserably delude themselves in their own schemes, and in confidence in
    their own strength and wisdom; they trust to nothing but a shadow.

  • 13. Data: 2008-01-24 21:00:03
    Od: "Darek" <n...@p...maila.pl>

    and ready to
    sink with gracious affection; but yet the truth was, that she had more
    grace, and greater discoveries of God and Christ, than the present frail
    state did well consist with. She wanted to be where strong grace might
    have more liberty, and be without the clog of a weak body; there she
    longed to be, and there she doubtless now is. She was looked upon
    amongst us, as a very eminent instance of Christian experience; but this
    is but a very broken and imperfect account I have given of her: her
    eminency would much more appear, if her experiences were fully related,
    as she was wont to express and manifest them, while living. I once read
    this account to some of her pious neighbors, who were acquainted with
    her, who said, to this purpose, that the picture fell much short of the
    life; and particularly that it much failed of duly representing her
    humility, and that admirable lowliness of heart, that all times appeared
    in her. But there are, blessed be God! many living instances, of much
    the like nature, and in some things no less extraordinary.

    But I now proceed to the other instance, that of the little child before
    mentioned. Her name is Phebe Bartlet, [She was living in March, 1789,
    and maintained the character of a true convert.] daughter of William
    Bartlet. I shall give the account as I took it from the mouth of her
    parents, whose veracity none who k

  • 14. Data: 2008-01-24 21:03:28
    Od: "MarekZ" <m...@t...irc.pl>

    shows man the greatness of his misery by the greatness of the remedy which
    he required.

    527. The knowledge of God without that of man's misery causes pride. The
    knowledge of man's misery without that of God causes despair. The knowledge
    of Jesus Christ constitutes the middle course, because in Him we find both
    God and our misery.

    528. Jesus Christ is a God whom we approach without pride and before whom we
    humble ourselves without despair.

    529.... Not a degradation which renders us incapable of good, nor a holiness
    exempt from evil.

    530. A person told me one day that on coming from confession he felt great
    joy and confidence. Another told me that he remained in fear. Whereupon I
    thought that these two together would make one good man, and that each was
    wanting in that he had not the feeling of the other. The same often happens
    in other things.

    531. He who knows the will of his master will be beaten with more blows,
    because of the power he has by his knowledge. Qui justus est, justificetur
    adhuc,88 because of the power he has by justice. From him who has received
    most, will the greatest reckoning be demanded, because of the power he has
    by this help.

    532. Scripture has provided pa