  • 1. Data: 2002-05-24 07:55:27
    Temat: MetroBank launches 'Net banking channel
    Od: "AMRA" <a...@a...com>

    Wiecej newsow:
    http://www.prnews.pl/newsy/article_summary.html

    Pozdrawiam

    METROBANK has joined the list of banks offering Internet banking with the
    launch of its Metrobankdirect recently.

    In an interview with Computerworld Philippines, Reynante Banico, vice
    president for e-banking said they are undaunted by the fact that they are a
    late entrant in the e-banking business."We are not concerned about being the
    first or the last,"Banico said."What is important is we have a better
    service. We've been gauging the Internet banking market and we feel that now
    is the right time to launch the Internet channel."

    Banico told Computerworld they contracted the services of Malaysian-based
    Nsys (NewAge Systems Architects) Consulting for the implementation of the
    Windows-based Virtua Banker middleware server that allows access to the
    bank's core applications hosted on an IBM ES9000 mainframe.

    Banico said MetrbankDirect (www.metrobank.com.ph) is just one of the four
    channels which its four million customers can choose from when accessing
    their accounts with Metrobank. The other channels are Metrophone, Mobile
    Banking, and automated teller machines."Unlike other banks, there is no need
    to open a virtual account with Metrobankdirect,"said Agnes Cruz, assistant
    vice president for the product management department. Cruz said a client
    only has to enroll his existing Metrobank account for free."For security,
    Metrobankdirect has an automatic log-out feature that operates after you
    have left your computer idle for 20 minutes,"said Cruz."You will have to log
    in again to continue using Metrobankdirect."She said the system makes use of
    the Verisign authentication and 128-bit encryption technologies.

    The bank is targeting at least 30,000 of its existing clients to enroll in
    the system within the next six months.

    Accounts eligible for enrollment in Metrobankdirect are deposit accounts
    like regular peso and dollar savings or current accounts, savings and
    current E.T. accounts, and OFW and SSS Pensioner's accounts. Other eligible
    accounts include MetroChecking Extra, Fun Savers Club peso and dollar
    savings accounts; peso and dollar time deposit and universal savings
    accounts; and the Metrobank Visa Dual Currency and Unicard credit card
    accounts.

    Banico added that a customer with more than one account can enroll all of
    his accounts and will be able to view them in just one portal.

    Meanwhile, Banico said their Mobile Banking channel has been getting quite a
    number of users from the remote areas where landlines are scarce. Banico
    said clients who are heavy users of their mobile banking channel are those
    who receive remittances from their relatives working abroad."What we noticed
    is that our mobile banking channel is used mostly by people living in areas
    where there are no phone lines. Instead of traveling far to make a call to
    Metrobank via landline to check if their remittance has arrived, they just
    inquire over their mobile phones."Metrobank's mobile banking service
    processes an average of 18,000 transactions a month, he said.

    --
    ------
    Amra the Freelancer